The Kansas City Running Club was founded in 1978 with the Kansas City Running Club Max (KCRC Max) established in 2015. KCRC Max was formed to provide both training and competitive opportunities. We are an affiliate member of the Road Runners Club of America and USA Track & Field, as well as a 501C (3) non-profit organization.
If you are a highly passionate runner who is ready to take it to the next level, you will have an opportunity to compete with very motivated runners who are focused on achieving their best.
2. Current member of the Kansas City Running Club
3. Participate in three scheduled races not including FREE races in a calendar year.
4. Wear the KCRC Max singlet/shirt at each scheduled race event. You are encouraged to wear your team shirt to other events.
KCRC Max members are required to:
1. Exhibit good sportsmanship and character.
2. Team members are encouraged to participate in team communication via Facebook by posting stats, discussing races, practice runs, club updates, pictures, etc. This allows the team to maintain interaction and build camaraderie.
3. Act as an ambassador for KCRC by promoting the club among your running friends by sharing KCRC events/promotions in social media.
The personal benefits are endless. However, below are the KCRC incentives to help you stay focused on achieving those goals:
1. Run (1) scheduled race and earn a FREE KCRC sponsored race. (Cliff Hanger, Westport St. Patrick’s, Brew to Brew)
2. Run (2) scheduled races and earn 2 FREE KCRC sponsored races. (Cliff Hanger, Westport St. Patrick’s, Brew to Brew)
3. Run (3) scheduled races and earn 3 FREE KCRC sponsored races. (Cliff Hanger, Westport St. Patrick’s, Brew to Brew)
4. Year-end dinner celebration in conjunction to KCRC’s annual Chili Run.
5. Team members will have an opportunity to win a KCRC jacket, shirt, or other items.
6. Be the KCRC featured runner in our newsletter and website.
7. After one year active membership in MAX (participate in 3 races in addition to the FREE races), earn an additional year to your KCRC membership.
To apply please download the MAX Application. You may fill it in as a PDF and send it to KCRCMax@gmail.com. Or you may print the form, and then mail the completed application to Kansas City Running Club, 208 W 79th St. KCMO 64109