Intervals/Speed Sessions Wednesdays
Want to run faster, at a consistent pace or just look like a gazelle as you run the streets of Kansas City? Join Coach Brett for interval training every Wednesday at 6:00, starting March 6. Warm up at 5:30pm or whenever you can get there. Bring your own water bottles. These sessions are free for KCTC members. To become a member, click here.
- Speed/Economy– 400 meter repeats with 400 meter recoveries.
Purpose: promote running efficiency (lowers amount of oxygen required to run at any given pace) and improve leg turnover.
- VO2Max– 800/1200 meter repeats with 400 meter recoveries.
Purpose: improve the amount of oxygen your body transports per unit of blood.
- Tempo Run – 20 minute steady run at a prescribed pace.
Purpose: improve your ability to cope with lactic acid build-up.
Workouts are for all abilities. Individualized pacing charts are reviewed prior to each workout. Check the KCTC Intervals Facebook page for posted workouts and updates.
What to bring with you
- Watch to monitor your pace
- Massage tools for post workout
- Energy gels or chews